Chapter Programs at Golf Courses
First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 7 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Spring Series Session
Between April 5th-May 23rd First Tee- Monterey County will offer a 7-week Spring Series Session for participants between the ages of 7-17. The series will be a combination of golf and life skills that will give young people of all backgrounds an opportunity to develop through golf and character education and life-enhancing values such as honesty, integrity and sportsmanship. This series will include a combination of content delivery and experiential activities, discussion, and reflection to help participants integrate these concepts into their personal and professional life. Participants are able to join for a single session and are encouraged to join us for all sessions, as the overall series will follow a curricular arc.
- Each session day will begin at 2:30pm and will run until 5:00pm.
- Drop off will be from 2:00pm – 2:30pm and pick up will be from 5:00pm – 5:30pm.
- To follow current rules and regulations stated by the CDC, space for after school will be limited.
- This series is one flat rate fee of $250 or day selection is available ; however, the day selected will be for the entirety of the series and not a single week
Please click here to REGISTER for the Spring Series Session
For more information or for any questions that you may have, please call (831) 444-7200 ext. 206 or email email@example.com
Ask us about scholarships for financial needs.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at the First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.